Latest posts by VaCAP Board (see all)
- Virginia is NOT Playing Around! - May 17, 2017
- Legislators Supportive of Appraiser Issues - May 15, 2017
- Appraisers Need to Rethink How to Conduct Business - May 4, 2017
Some stats on Appraisal Management Companies (AMCs)
- Most AMCs are small companies. 86% have annual gross revenue less than $10 million. Conversely, 13% have annual gross revenues of over $50 million.
- AMCs are more frequently adopting a “cost plus” pricing model for their services. This means they charge a separate fee for their service and are transparent about their fees paid to an appraiser. (Note: Arizona Appraisal Statute requires appraisers to disclose the fees they have been paid by an AMC in the Scope of Work section of the appraisal).
- 35% of the AMCs surveyed are headquartered in the western part of the country (6% are headquartered in AZ; 28% are in CA).
- 54% of the AMCS surveyed were started in the year 2009 or later. 6% were in operation prior to 2000.
- 14% of the AMCs surveyed are in all 50 states; 40% operate in less than 5 states (24% operate in only 1 state)
- 8% of the AMCs manage over 50,000 appraisals per year; 50% manage less than 5,000 orders per year. The number of appraisal services managed annually varies from a few 100 to over 500,000.
- There are currently over 500 Appraisal Management Companies known to be operating in the country. (As of June, 2014 there are 167 registered Appraisal Management Companies in Arizona).