Virginia Appraisers in the Spotlight Again
AMC staff appraisers are not independent
If you have not already done so, please listen to the Voice of Appraisal with Phil Crawford. Once again, Phil has brought Virginia into the spot light. This is the third show Phil has talked about AMC staff appraiser positions and the lack of public protection and trust.
Thank You Phil and Kevin! Listen to the show at the bottom of this article.
Please attend and speak against AMCs hiring staff appraisers to complete the appraisal reports. By definition, an AMC and an appraiser have two very different functions. Even the National Association of Realtors has stated the AMC does not complete the appraisal report. This is not in the interest of public trust and allows an AMC to compete directly with an appraiser. See last week’s VaCAP communication which recites the legislative codes.
At the meeting:
- Express your concerns this practice was not the intent of Federal or State Legislators.
- Explain how the public is harmed with this practice – AMC staff appraisers are not independent.
- Provide documentation of AMCs advertising for staff appraisers.
- Ask the VREAB to address this issue at the meeting.
The Virginia Real Estate Appraisers Board Meeting
April 26th @ 10:00 AM
9960 Mayland Dr
Richmond, VA 23233
If you are unable to attend the VREAB meeting on April 26th, please express your concerns to them via email, US Postal Service, Fax, Telegram, carrier pigeon, or any other means you have. Please also express your concerns to the CFPB, OCC, FDIC, ASC, TAF and your Federal and State Legislators. You can even send them to VaCAP and we will pass them on for you. Please post your comments on Facebook as well.
We love hearing from you!
- AMC Engagement Letter: Appraisers Do Not Include Your Invoice - July 28, 2023
- We the People… - April 9, 2023
- Federal Valuation Agency Impact on Appraisers & the Public - July 22, 2022