Appraisers Are NOT Invited!
“No room” for any additional expert witnesses representing appraisers’ interests…
Who are the Valuation Professionals?
Appraisers are unbiased and impartial in determining the market value of a property. We have the most training, both in the class room and in the field. We continually improve our skills and knowledge. We are the first to see market trends and continually monitor our coverage areas for triggers of market change. We are held to the highest standards. Appraisers are the valuation professionals that protect the consumer.
If the above statement is correct, someone please provide some insight into why not one appraiser is on the panel for the US House of Representatives, Committee of Financial Services, Modernizing Appraisal: A Regulatory Review and the Future of the Industry. Congressional Subcommittee on Housing & Insurance is meeting this Wednesday in what is essentially a closed hearing. Closed in the sense that their panel of “expert witnesses” is already set and “there is no room” for any additional expert witnesses according to subcommittee staffers.
Current scheduled witnesses include:
- Mr. James R. Park, Executive Director, Appraisal Subcommittee
- Mr. David S. Bunton, President, The Appraisal Foundation
- Ms. Joan N. Trice, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Clearbox
- Mr. Bill Garber, Director of Government and External Relations, Appraisal Institute
- Mr. Ed Brady, Chairman of the Board, National Association of Home Builders
- Ms. Jennifer S. Wagner, Managing Attorney, Mountain State Justice, Inc.
Do you want the above panel to determine your future? Get involved! Contact your Senator and Representatives and go on record as objecting to any type of public hearing as important as this that excludes broad representation for appraisers’ interests.
See entire memo below.