FHA Electronic Appraisal Delivery (EAD) Portal
Use of the Electronic Appraisal Delivery portal will be required for all FHA-approved mortgagees, effective for FHA case numbers assigned on or after June 27, 2016. Mortgage Letter 2015–08 published on March 26, 2015, provides more information.
FHA’s EAD portal is a web-based technology system that enables electronic transmission of appraisal data and reports to FHA by FHA-approved mortgagees and/or their designated third-party service providers prior to loan endorsement.
The EAD portal’s system messages provide real-time feedback on compliance with FHA appraisal data and report requirements. The portal leverages industry data standards and industry appraisal practices, and:
- Offers process efficiencies inherent in an electronic data submission.
- Implements industry standard data formats developed and maintained by the Mortgage Industry Standards Maintenance Organization (MISMO).
- Reduces error rates before endorsement by identifying many appraisal data and compliance issues up front.
- Eliminates most paper-based FHA reviews of appraisals, thus improving turn-times.
- Offers role-based access and functionality, with specific user and administrator roles that control use.
- Reduces redundancies by linking data submitted through the portal to data in the FHA Connection (FHAC) system, including auto-population of the FHAC Appraisal Logging screen.
The EAD Overview fact sheet below provides more information on the features and benefits of the portal.