Appraiser’s Response to Palm Beach AMC
Palm Beach AMC, thank you for your blind/bulk solicitation.
Just out of curiosity, why do you think I would share that kind of personal & confidential professional information with a firm I never heard of? I don’t even know what kind of fee schedule you are used to paying?
You offer no references of any kind, yet you expect I will extend credit to you for thirty days? Without exception, THAT means that you will use MY fee to pay YOUR overhead for thirty days before you even consider sending MY fee to me.
Firms that do not segregate appraiser fees from operating income /expense are one of the things that virtually all failed AMCs had in common with each other before leaving appraisers on the hook for unpaid appraisals.
Its easier for me to just assume you are low-ball fee seekers. Seekers with a high non payment risk since no one here ever heard of you before. Under those circumstances, I must decline to participate.
In the event that you wish me to reconsider joining your panel, please provide the following:
- A list of your clients (at least a significant partial list so that an idea of client quality can be determined)
- The name and corporate checking account number for your bank account
- A copy of your California State AMC registration
- The minimum amount that you feel is required for E&O insurance to work for your firm. If I’m over that amount I may well want to reduce it and limit my exposure.
- The formal business name you are incorporated under and principle officers’ names along with your official corporate address
- A copy of your State Surety Bond for operations in the State of California
- The date you first started in business as an AMC and the names of all states that you operate in.
Just as you need to evaluate ‘my credentials’ (despite my being listed in the ASC Federal Registry as a general certified appraiser and being on the HUD FHA Roster), I too need to evaluate the credentials of anyone I am entrusting with my income, my time and my business reputation.
Upon receipt of the above requested information, coupled with a written stipulation that fees will be paid within 48 hours of submission of the appraisal report and invoice, I will reevaluate whether I can afford to be associated with your firm.
Thank you for your inquiry.
Palm Beach AMC is looking to add smart and competent real estate appraisers in located in the State of ‘California’.
By working with us you have the following advantages
No transaction or upload fees
Payments within 30 days of completion
Nationwide network of lenders
To join our panel, just click the link below:
You must provide your resume, a signed copy of your W-9, and scanned copies of your license and E & O insurance with your application so we have all the information we need to evaluate your credentials. If you have additional certifications or designations (e.g. MAI) please mention that on your application.
If you are already registered with us, please update your license information to ensure that we have your most up to date information on file.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have questions.
Palm Beach AMC