VA Appraiser Shortage
- AVMs… The Not So Accurate Magic Bullet - November 22, 2022
- Visualizing Market Activity Using Graphs & Trendlines - November 18, 2022
- Diatribes Against Appraisers - October 31, 2022
VA recruiting appraisers in the Western US
Appraisers in the Western US,
A person I know on the ‘inside’ of VA asked that I distribute this message. They are looking for appraisers in the following states and counties.
DO NOT CONTACT ME! READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.
If anyone wants to apply for the VA panel, they can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the application package.
For more information regarding the recruiting process and to download the application, visit Fee or Roster Personnel Designation Application. A credit bureau report will be pulled on all applicants. The credit bureaus used are Trans Union, Experian, and Equifax.
- Must have and retain current residential appraiser licensure or certification issued by the State in which VA appraisals will be completed
- Submit evidence showing at minimum, five years’ experience in appraising residential properties
- Submit recommendations from other appraisers
- There may be no comflict of interest between the applicant’s employment and performance as a fee appraiser with VA
- More info at VA Fee Appraisers Qualification Requirements
Counties that are hardest hit
|OREGON. Counties needed:||MONTANA. Counties needed:|
|Washington||Lewis and Clark|
|COLORADO. Counties needed:||WASHINGTON. Counties needed:|
|ALASKA. Counties needed:||IDAHO. Counties needed:|
|Kenai Peninsula – All cities||Lemhi|
|Southeast Fairbanks – All cities||Benewah|
|But any Alaska appraiser will be added!|