Antitrust And Corelogic
It’s not been a good couple of weeks for CoreLogic, the massive data aggregator of real estate information. It’s been no secret that Corelogic has been steadily amassing all the major real estate data sources and the top MLS platform vendor. In my industry, they purchased the market leader of appraisal software, and many of my peers became wary of some of the software changes that were initiated.
CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) is one of the largest real-estate data companies in the nation with 4.5 billion records spanning more than 50 years. It operates in North America, Western Europe and Asia Pacific.
Here are a few recent stories.
- Austin MLS accuses CoreLogic of selling its data to appraisers group [The Real Deal]
- DOJ demands CoreLogic hand over MLS data amid antitrust concerns [The Real Deal]
- Reserve Bank ditches CoreLogic, but analyst defends home price data [Australia ABC]
- Beware of Bifurcated Appraisals - August 4, 2023
- And Why Is the Second Appraisal Always the “Correct Value?” - June 9, 2023
- Certified Appraisers vs. Unlicensed Data Collectors - April 25, 2023