The appraisal industry was blindsided once again only this time by the AG’s office when they determined that the Real Estate Appraiser Board cannot regulate BPO’s. The New Mexico Appraiser’s Coalition and the Rio Grande Chapter of the Appraisal Institute sent a joint letter to the Appraisal Board prior to a hearing that was held in January to discuss the BPO language in the Appraiser Act. Although we feel we provided enough information to guide the Board, the Attorney General Representative at the meeting made the determination that the Appraisal Board had no jurisdiction over the BPO product. Even though...
- Robin Baker Bedford on Facebook says:
- Scott Taylor on Facebook says:
- Eric Kennedy says:
- Thomas E Allen on Twitter says:
- Maureen Sweeney on Twitter says:
- Pia Martin on Facebook says: